TEXT

TEXTING IN HERE

Monday, January 25, 2010

Jean Laffite National Park, Bayou des Familes, and the Coquille Trail

I am a nature freak, so when I heard that we were going to Jean Lafitte National Park I was very excited. Unfortunately I was in one of the loudest groups ever so while I was whispering to them telling them to be quite I saw nothing. I was mad because Ranger Ami told them to be quite or we wouldn't see any thing, but of course my group being 14 year old Know-It-All's said "Yeah right." I was like "just shut up and if your lucky we haven't scared off half the Forest by now." Luckily I was smart enough to get my group to stay behind the rest of the group. I actually saw 2 Woodpeckers, a salamander, a HUGE lizard, Spanish Moss, weird flowers, and we heard a few birds singing. One of our group members actually started whistling and attracted a few birds.When we first got to the Park Ranger Ami took us to the Educational building to tell us about the park. No one except me took her seriously though, i could tell, but i was very excited so i couldn't help but shut up and listen. She tried telling us how to go about looking at the Wildlife without disturbing any thing. Then we went to the Coquille Trail with Mrs.Brewington to see the animals. I took out my personal camera and took pictures of everything. The first thing I saw that I took a picture of was the Spanish Moss on an Old Cypress tree that surprisingly withstood Katrina and Gustav. It took us about 20 min. to get through the trail. Then we went to the Dock to go Dip netting. When we got to the dock i was upset because we didn't catch any thing but lots of other people caught baby Shrimp, Leeches, and even a Crawfish!!! So after all this was done we went to McDonald's and we got to eat. I think that this was a great Field Trip and I am looking forward to going back in a few months.


4th VB <(^_^<)

No comments:

Post a Comment