TEXT

TEXTING IN HERE

Monday, January 25, 2010

T.H.Harris and Jean Lafitte National Park

My first visit to Jean Lafitte National Park was with my 8th grade social studies class. We went on the Bayou des families to do the net dipping. We were split up in groups of two and i was in a group with Tiffany. The park Ranger Ami told us to go to a spot where you see alot of leaves are because you will catch more things. She also told us to stay quiet are the animals will run away. We had to put some water in the bucket that Ranger Ami provied for us to put the things we catch in the bucket, and put on the glove she gave us to pick up the things in the net . I had to dip the net into the water slow and drag the net slow so the animals don't swim away. When I pulled up the net they had all kinds of fishes, and shrimps in my net they were jumping in the net so i had to pick them up out of the net to put them in the bucket. I didn't put every thing in the bucket because I tried to keep the water clean to see the fishes. I was kind of scared wehn we first went out there because I thought I was going to fall in the water but it was fun. When we left the Bayou des families Ranger Ami lead the class to a small trail. And as we were walking down there we saw the younger kids planting trees in the park, they planted 600 trees. I thought it was really cool how they got to plant trees in the park. That was a very cool they i never thought that it would be that fun but it was and Iwill never forget that day. L.T. 4TH PERIOD

No comments:

Post a Comment