TEXT

TEXTING IN HERE

Monday, January 25, 2010

T.H.Harris and JLNP's Culture Project

My day at Jean Laffitte National Historic Park was not what I expected. We started the day by going into something they called the Education Building. When we stepped inside, we took all sat in seats that circled a small stage that ranger Ami stood on. She spoke of how the wetlands effect Louisiana and how they are dissapearing. Once she stopped speaking, our teachers went split us up in two groups. One group went on a trail known as the Coquille Trail. My group was all divided into 3 people groups. Each group got one Bucket, one glove, and one net. We walked to an area near water. Each person had an object I mentioned. The activity was: one person scooped the water with the net, one persone picked out the fish , and one person put it in a bucket. It was pretty intresting how we caught fish such as Shrimp, Crawfish, and Snails. When we finished that, we went on a trail where we saw different trees and plant which was pretty fun. I didn't think I had as much fun as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment